Air yoga is a relatively new trend in the field of sports and fitness. Its features include an unusual way of relaxation using a special hammock. The direction is becoming more and more popular, practitioners are practically all over the world. The prevalence is associated with a unique combination of physical activity, accessibility for people of all skill levels, and the brightness of positive impressions.
What is the essence of the direction?
Aerial yoga, Antigravity and aerial yoga – this is the name of a set of exercises performed in a hanging hammock. It is a special swing with loops for arms and legs attached to the ceiling. The material from which they are made is very durable and can withstand up to 180 kg of live weight. Work with an increase in height is carried out gradually, starting from 30 cm to 1 m. For safety, there is insurance under the swing.
The exercise routine includes elements from other areas of fitness, including:
Difficulty levels vary depending on the training of a person, even a beginner can start practicing Antigravity. The advantages of air yoga include the novelty of emotions, which is different from other sports.
The main feature of fitness in a hammock is that it takes some of the weight, as a result of which turning, asanas and stretching becomes much easier. In this case, muscle relaxation occurs, release of the joints from pressure. As a result, the body becomes not only strong, but also flexible and well-stretched.
Advantages and disadvantages of aero yoga
Regular training and doing aerial yoga exercises is possible for people of all ages, including children and the elderly. Pregnant women and new births will also be able to improve their fitness, relieve stress and find inner balance. The referral is recommended even for patients with musculoskeletal disorders and cerebral palsy.
An important advantage is reduced pressure on the spine, which is relieved by the absence of a direct effect on body weight. The joints return to their place. Children will be able to release the accumulated excess energy or stress at school. Also, antigravity yoga helps prevent scoliosis and other disorders of the spine.
Experts attribute the following aspects of classes to the positive effects of this area:
- general improvement of tissues and internal organs, which occur due to the normalization of blood flow. The cells receive the necessary nutrition, as a result of which the regeneration is significantly accelerated, the prevention of heart and vascular diseases occurs;
- due to the normal supply of oxygen to the cells and the release of muscle clamps, the body relaxes. After training, a person feels a surge of strength, a positive attitude. The mode of sleep and wakefulness is normalized, the nervous system comes to a state of balance, the ability to withstand stress and problems in life increases;
- increased flexibility, improved coordination and endurance. In the air, muscles stretch better, are saturated with oxygen, and recover quickly. Stiffness of movements and stiffness disappears;
- spasms are relieved and pains in joints and muscles disappear. Thanks to the release of tension from the vessels, migraines pass, cervical and lumbar pains, dizziness subside, symptoms of vegetative-vascular dystonia disappear;
- a pleasant result of the exercises is the improvement in the appearance of the figure. The body becomes toned, excess weight goes away. The silhouette becomes smooth, balanced, movements become graceful, light and precise, a beautiful posture appears;
- breathing is getting better due to the regular practice of monitoring this process. It becomes deep, conscious. Asthmatics and people suffering from panic attacks will acquire the ability to cope with attacks of suffocation and anxiety;
- normalization of blood circulation leads to improved brain function, including easier concentration, good memory;
- many trainers include work with affirmations, philosophical sayings and meditations in the hammock fitness program, which contributes to self-knowledge and the discovery of new views on existing tasks and problems;
- the work of the gastrointestinal tract is being improved due to a change in the options for the location of the body in space. The metabolism is accelerated, the stool is normalized and flatulence and heartburn pass.
The disadvantages of this direction include its novelty. As a result of this factor, not every city in the country has properly equipped classrooms with qualified trainers. Also for this reason, the cost of practice can be quite high.
There are contraindications to air yoga in hammocks. It is not recommended to load the body during viral diseases, at high temperatures, sinusitis, otitis media, gastrointestinal tract pathologies, sinusitis. For women who are menstruating or during long periods of pregnancy, it is better to refrain from exercising. Strict contraindications include:
- varicose veins;
- an enlarged thyroid gland;
- heart defects;
- serious mental disorders;
- high stage hypertension;
- displacement of the vertebral discs;
- malignant neoplasms;
- post-traumatic periods after traumatic brain injury.
Who is yoga in hammocks for?
Yoga in the air will be a source of positive emotions for people of different age groups. The level of preparation is not important, the main thing is desire and a little perseverance. Air yoga is recommended for expectant mothers. The benefits of the practice can hardly be overestimated:
- there is a strengthening of the spine and opening of the chest, painful sensations and spasms disappear;
- puffiness passes and the risk of varicose veins decreases;
- endurance increases, immunity is strengthened, which prepares a woman for the childbirth process.
The direction will also appeal to children of different ages, retirees who want to increase or maintain body mobility.
Training necessarily begins with a warm-up. Exercises may include swinging to the beat of the hammock, placing one leg on the canvas with the body swinging, placing the bent knee in the hammock with both legs stretching smoothly. For classes, you will need sportswear that does not hinder movement and at the same time fits the body.